BikeSGV's mission is to make the San Gabriel Valley a safer, healthier, and more enjoyable place by:
- Educating the community about bicycle safety and the many benefits of riding a bicycle, including improved physical/mental health, air quality, and personal finance.
- Partnering with community groups, cycling clubs, public health agencies, and other stakeholders to promote active transportation, improve air quality, and support multi-modal transportation planning.
- Informing and educating city staff and decision makers about best practices in safe street design.
- Representing people who walk, bike and use transit in the San Gabriel Valley on issues of regional significance.
- Developing strong working relationships with city and government agencies to ensure that local transportation policies and projects safely accommodate vulnerable road users.
- Supporting policies and legislation to increase funding for more pedestrian-, bicycle- and transit-friendly communities.
- Recognizing individuals, cities and staff persons who set the standard for supporting active transportation in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Organizing public events to promote active transportation in the San Gabriel Valley.
BikeSGV envisions a San Gabriel Valley where:
- Our diverse communities are connected by a cohesive network of comfortable, inviting, people-friendly streets.
- The development of safer streets increases bicycling as a mode of transportation, and thereby promotes public health, supports local commercial districts, encourages community connections, and improves quality of life for all members of the public.
- Riding a bicycle is an inviting and safe means of transportation for people of all ages and riding abilities.