BikeSGV's mission is to make the San Gabriel Valley a safer, healthier, and more enjoyable place for cycling by:
- Educating the community about bicycle safety and the many benefits of cycling, including physical/mental health, air quality, and personal finance.
- Partnering with community groups, cycling clubs, public health agencies, and other parties to promote active transportation, improve air quality, and support multi-modal transportation planning.
- Informing and educating city staff and decision makers about internationally tested and proven forms of bike infrastructure that create safer streets for all road users: cyclists, motorists and pedestrians.
- Representing local cyclists and bike groups in the San Gabriel Valley on issues of regional significance.
- Developing strong working relationships with city staff and government agencies to ensure that local transportation policies and projects safely accommodate bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Supporting policies and legislation to increase funding for bicycle-friendly improvements.
- Recognizing individuals, cities and staff persons who set the standard for promoting cycling in the San Gabriel Valley.
- Organizing public events to promote bicycling in the San Gabriel Valley.
BikeSGV envisions a San Gabriel Valley where:
- Our diverse communities are connected by a cohesive network of bike lanes, paths and bicycle-friendly streets.
- The development of bike-friendly infrastructure increases cycling as a mode of transportation, and thereby promotes public health, supports local commercial districts, encourages community connections, and improves quality of life for all members of the public.
- Riding a bicycle is a viable, safe means of transportation for people of all ages and riding abilities.