Speaking of the SGV Bike Challenge - 12 rides, over two dozen SGV communities - you will also want to save-the-date for ride #9, which will follow the route of April 22, 2018 #cicLAvia (San Dimas, La Verne, Pomona, and Claremont) and include free samples at Grizzly's Biscuits and Donuts in Claremont! :)
- Thu 8/17 (6-9:30pm) - Women-on-Wheels Mariachi Music Fun Ride - Morgan Park, 4100 Baldwin Park Blvd., Baldwin Park 91706. FB Event
- Fri 8/25 (7-9pm) - Bike-In Movie: Back to the Future - Jeff Seymour Family Center (BikeSGV HQ), 10900 Mulhall St., El Monte 91731
- Sun 8/27 (8:30am-12pm) - SGV Bike Challenge Ride #8 | SGV Skyline Ride (Rowland Heights) - Rowland Heights Park, 1500 Banida Ave, Rowland Heights, CA 91748. More details: Website, FB Event
- Save-the-Date: Sat 9/23 (8:30am-12pm) - SGV Bike Challenge Ride #10 | CiclaSGVia Exploratory Ride. San Dimas City Hall, 245 E. Bonita Ave., San Dimas (optional 8am roll from Gold Line APU/Citrus station). FB Event
Your friends @BikeSGV
SGV REgional Pedestrian and Bicycle Plan | Take the Survey
Help Inform the Plan
Public feedback is needed to develop good plans. You can help out via any of the following steps.
- Take the plan survey here
- Encourage contacts who bike/walk in these communities to do so, too
- Share the survey with listserves and on social media with the hashtag #ActiveSGV
BikeSGV will be coordinating Pedestrian and Bicycle Counts in all 5 project cities as well as along the Rio Hondo and San Gabriel Rivers in September. If you have availability Saturdays 11am-1pm and/or Tues/Thur 7-9am or 4-6pm, you are eligible to participate! Just email us here to get the ball rolling. Count volunteers will also be eligible for special prizes, if you're into surprises. :)
Women-on-Wheels | Mariachi Music Fun Ride | Thu 8/17
Note: This is a women-identified only ride.
Route: 3 miles one-way
6:00 pm Meet at Morgan Park
6:30 pm Roll-out
7:00 pm Arrive at West Covina Civic Center, enjoy the concert
9:00 pm Return to Morgan Park
Facebook event page
PLEASE BRING BIKE LIGHTS! We will be returning to Morgan Park in the dark. You should also pack a blanket or chair and some snacks to share!This event is made possible by Bike San Gabriel Valley WoW and Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Medical Center.
#SGVBikeChallenge Ride #8 | SGV Skyline Ride | Sun 8/27
- What: Bikes in the Heights | SGV Bike Challenge Ride #8
- When: Sunday August 27 (8:30am meet, 9am roll; 12pm return)
- Start/End: Rowland Heights Park, 1500 Banida Ave, Rowland Heights, CA 91748
- Experience Level: Intermediate
- More info
- A helmet is required; children 15 and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Bikes with training wheels are not permitted, but children are welcome to attend if pulled in a trailer or on-bike child seat.
#SGVgreenways Implementation Plan | LA County Board of Supervisors Meeting | Tue 8/29
After several months of waiting, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works is scheduled to bring their San Gabriel Valley Regional Greenway Network Implementation Plan back to the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday August 29th.
- WHAT: San Gabriel Valley Greenway Network Strategic Implementation Plan
- WHERE: Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, 500 W. Temple St., Los Angeles (Board Room 381B
- WHEN: Tuesday August 29 (9:30am) - Please note that the item is tentative, but please hold the date and support the initiative by signing on via the links below!
Join us in championing a healthier, greener, and more livable San Gabriel Valley by formally endorsing the San Gabriel Valley Regional Greenway Network Initiative here!
Bike to the Bowl | UCLA Football, Green Day and Coldplay
Upcoming Events with Free Bike Valet
- 9/3 - UCLA Football
- 9/16 - Green Day Concert
- 9/30 - UCLA Football
- 10/6 - Coldplay Concert
- 10/21 - UCLA Football
- 11/11 - UCLA Football
- 11/24 - UCLA Football
Volunteer With BikeSGV!
BikeSGV also now offers a volunteer membership option for those who would like to earn their membership through service. Donate 10 hours of your time as a volunteer with BikeSGV in 2017 and you'll receive a free 12 month general membership!
Questions/info, contact monica@bikeSGV.org