Please help us continue to close gaps in regional bicycle planning by donating and/or becoming a member today!
$10, $50, $250, every dollar helps make our work possible. And if you donate by January 1, 2015 you will be eligible for end-of-year prizes and BikeSGV swag courtesy of our sponsors!
2014 in Review - Short List of Accomplishments
- Successfully completed the SGV Bike Plan, with City Councils in all 5 project cities (Monterey Park, Baldwin Park, San Gabriel, El Monte, South El Monte) unanimously approving local bicycle master plans.
- Partnered with the SGV Council of Governments to secure California ATP funding for Active Transportation Plans in 5 additional SGV Cities - Montebello, Irwindale, Glendora, La Puente, and Monrovia.
- Launched the SGV Regional Greenway Project to transform over a 100 miles of access roads along the region's washes and creeks into a regional network of Class I bicycle and pedestrian paths. Partnered with the SGV Council of Governments and Cities of Pomona and Baldwin Park to submit grant application to fund design of segments of San Jose Creek and Big Dalton Wash.
- Assisted almost a dozen SGV cities successfully apply for Open Streets funding.
- Opened our official headquarters at Mulhall Elementary in the City of El Monte, the future site of the SGV's first Bike Campus
The volunteers and board of BikeSGV