The 24th Senate District is spearheading "Water Wise" - a water education video project aimed at raising awareness about water and the many waterways throughout the San Gabriel Valley. The four-part, 5-minute each, video series will be posted on Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez's website and local cable networks.
The project is in need of extras to ride their bicycles in the background of a scripted scene. All those interested, please report to Peck Rd. Park on Thursday, April 4, 2013 from 2pm - 5pm.
The video series is as follows:
Video 1 - Where does my water come from?
1. Imported: State Water Project and Colorado River
2. Groundwater: Natural Process- Rain, Snow, Wells
3. Recycled Water: Source for irrigation via “purple pipe”/water relief
Video 2 - Water Sustainability
1. A visit to our Aquifer (potable water)
2. Conservation (low flow devices/ fixing leaks)/ 2/3 water volume is used outdoors
3. Get involved to help develop city ordinances/ local SGV clean up campaigns
Video 3 - SGV’s “Superfund” Sites
1. What is a “Superfund” site?
2. History of SGV’s contaminated water basin
3. Maximizing local resources/ investing in treatment facilities
Video 4 - SGV’s Multi-Benefit Projects
1. Field of Dreams
2. Whittier Narrows
3. Rose Hills
4. Schools/ sports complex/ parks
For more information, please email Program Director, Javier Hernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org).