This position will remain open until filled, so if you're interested do not delay. Thanks and safe riding!
BikeSGV seeks a strong Education Coordinator to support the organization’s Bicycle Education Center and related programming. Working under the guidance of the Education Director, the Education Coordinator will help support the daily operations of the SGV Bicycle Education Center, active commuting classes, E-bike rebate program, and related projects, initiatives, and services aimed at advancing the BikeSGV’s educational programming.
Ideal candidates must possess excellent bicycle repair skills and be: passionate about healthier, more bike-friendly communities; organized and timely; self-motivated with the ability to prioritize workload within an individual and team environment; able to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
This is a part-time, grant-funded position, 18 hours per week for a minimum of 20 months. Candidates should be able to work on weekends and evenings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support all Bicycle Education Center day-to-day operations, and goals;
- Attend weekly programing meetings with the Education Director;
- Repair and maintain bicycles for the BEC;
- Recruit, train, and help manage BEC volunteers, including youth;
- Maintain an orderly workspace;
- Coordinate and host information booths at community events such as farmers’ markets, health festivals, wellness fairs, etc.;
- Coordinate, host and help teach bicycle safety and maintenance courses;
- Abide by all BikeSGV policies and procedures;
- Collect and input project data for evaluation and analysis reports.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years experience as a professional bicycle mechanic;
- Comprehensive understanding of bicycle function and repair;
- Demonstrate strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work weekends and nights;
- Experience planning and hosting community events;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Docs;
- Electric bicycle knowledge a plus;
- Spanish and/or Chinese language skills preferred.