Why? It is critical for our local parks and open spaces that this measure pass and we need your help! Over the last 25 years, two measures (both titled Proposition A) have provided funding for parks across Los Angeles County. One of those measures expired last year, and the other will expire in 2019. If we fail to pass Measure A this year, current parks funding will disappear, which will directly impact residents, especially youth and families, across LA County who depend on local and regional parks for their physical and mental well-being.
- Measure A will replace an expiring voter-approved local tax for safe, clean neighborhood parks and beaches.
- Measure A will provide necessary safety repairs and upgrades for parks, beaches and recreational areas in every Los Angeles County community.
- Measure A will help ensure drinking water is safe at parks and recreation centers.
- Measure A will help prevent gang activity by increasing the safety of neighborhood parks.
- Measure A will protect beaches, rivers and water resources in parks and around open space.
In addition to voting for Measure A in November, you can support our parks by attending a special reception with Supervisors Hilda Solis and Sheila Kuehl on Wednesday, September 28th, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the home of Patty Lombard and Bill Simon in Fremont Place. To purchase discounted tickets to the event please click here. For more information about Measure A, visit: http://yesonaforlaparks.com