In the coming weeks the list of participating communities will be finalized, with each set to receive a bicycle master plan, educational outreach, and assistance with project implementation, all free of charge. More detailed information about the plan, its goals and next steps will be presented by regional plan Project Manager Javier Hernandez at the Monterey Park Transportation Summit on Saturday, June 1 (9-11am), at George Elder Park Community Center, 1950 Wilcox Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754.
Especially if you live, work, or ride in the potential project communities - Monterey Park, San Gabriel, Baldwin Park, El Monte and South El Monte - you can participate at this stage by attending City Council meetings in the coming weeks, when local decision makers will have final say whether their communities participate.
Save the Dates: City Councils to Consider Formal Resolutions of Support (required for participation)
- June 5th (7pm), Monterey Park City Council Meeting, 320 W. Newmark Ave., Monterey Park 91754,
- June 11th (7pm), South El Monte Council Meeting, 1415 Santa Anita Ave., South El Monte 91733
- June 18th (5:30pm), El Monte City Council Meeting, 11333 Valley Blvd., EL Monte 91731
- June 19th (7pm), Baldwin Park City Council Meeting, 14403 Pacific Ave., Baldwin Park, CA 91706
- July 2nd (7:30pm), San Gabriel City Council Meeting, 425 S. Mission Dr., San Gabriel 91776