SGV-Based Recreational Biking Clubs
Interested in finding local training partners, or perhaps trying out mountain, road, cyclocross or track bicycle racing? Check out these local cycling clubs.
- Altadena Bicycle Club (ABC) - Recreational club founded in 2012 that hosts weekly rides in summer from Steve's Bike Shop.
- Covina Cycling Club - Covina-based club that rides for fun, camaraderie and exercise.
- Foothill Bicycle Club - Volunteer run recreational club with weekly rides starting in Arcadia, Covina, Downey, Pasadena, and Temple City.
- Pasadena Athletic Association - Pasadena-based club with a 60 year history of bicycle racing (road, mountain bike, track, cyclocross), social rides and advocacy; one of the oldest and largest clubs in SoCal.
- Pasadena Green Wheels - Meetup group that hosts casual rides for all abilities.
- Pasadena Mountain Bike Club - Pasadena-based recreational and race mountain bike club.
- Pasadena Tri Club - Pasadena-based triathlon club.
- SC Velo - San Dimas/east SGV based recreational and racing club that organizes the biggest bicycle race in the SGV, the San Dimas Stage Race.
- The TEAM - SGV-based "race/recreate/advocate" club whose mission is to bring together cyclists of all stripes, but share a passion for promoting cycling.
Bikes and Public Transportation
- LA Streetsblog - SoCal bike/ped/transit news.
- Biking in LA - Regular and comprehensive posts of LA bicycling news, advocacy and injuries.
- Bike Talk - LA based, weekly radio program on killradio covering all things bicycling.
- California Bicycle Coalition
- LA County Bicycle Coalition
- Montebello Bicycle Coalition
- Pomona Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Cyclists Inciting Change thru Live Exchange (CICLE)
- Rails to Trails Conservancy
Local Bicycle Cooperatives
- Bike Oven - volunteer-run bicycle repair collective in Highland Park.
- CalTech Bike Lab - bike cooperative run by students and volunteers at CalTech.
- Adventure Cycling - Non-profit, bicycle-travel organization that offers guided tours, produces US bike route maps and more.